Saturday, September 19, 2009

Brand ID

So, I've decided to throw some of my Brand Identity stuff up here. We've worked on a few projects: Zoo Animal, My initials, and some band name.

Zoo Animal:

I ended up chucking these sketches... I really liked how they looked when I drew just half the face but it looked awful when I put them together. I thought it looked more like a dog or a bear--see for yourself.






















Then I went to this:




































My intitials:
I lost my original sketches but here are the ideas I threw around after my sketches. I've put a asterisk next to the ones I like.


















Here the final image I turned in:
















Band Name:
So this logo has a bit of a funny story. I was racking my somewhat hollow brain with what font/fonts I wanted to use for this but everything I tried seemed too obvious or too lame. For those of you that don't know me, Chucks is my band. I think I was going crazy because this was something too close to home to me and I couldn't narrow down my ideas for the logo. Well, I was bored at work and the only programs I have access to are Word, Excel, and paint. So, I started messing around in Excel and voila! I had my logo. Then I took it into MS Paint to touch it up a bit--yes, you heard me right--Paint. I know it sounds crazy but for what I have to do to get it right, I use Paint. Then into Illustrator to get my vector. The rest is history. Here is the logo.

This is after I've touched it up in Paint:





Here's after Illustrator:




No comments:

Post a Comment