Tuesday, October 13, 2009

HALLELUJAH!

Thank the good lord! I'm finally done with my HTML site for Graphic Interface Design! It's uploading as I type. I thought I would keep this more up to date during the process but there was much to update... after the design was done, it was just a bunch of busy work.

So, here's some info about the site:

I originally started designing this site for a fake concert venue but changed it to a local venue here in Logan called Whysound. It was much easier using their content instead of making up my own. Luckily, the owner of Whysound was nice enough to let me into the venue and take some pics of the venue for the site. The concert pictures were also taken by me from previous shows that my band had played. Overall, I'm happy with the site because I accomplished what I set out to do. The inspiration for the design of this site was my old Crate GFX212 guitar cab. I wanted it to say "music" without being too cliche... So, I used the curved boxes to give that good ol' "cab feeling" and the background texture was derived from the fabric on the front of my cab. So, hopefully it says "music" without being too lame.

Well, if you're interested in what I've been working on check it out at http://fall09-2.graphicinterfacedesign.com/kfenton/html/whysound/

Here's kinda of what it looks like...

No comments:

Post a Comment