Monday, August 30, 2010

Holy Stick!

So, I'm not one of those artists to take pictures with my work, but I couldn't resist with this sculpture!

This was a joint effort by myself and Mike Jaggi, a fellow designer that happened to be in my class. He's a stud and I enjoyed working with him on this piece.

We built this piece in the early spring when everyone was throwing away their tree trimmings. Altogether, I personally spent about 12-15 hours. Very tedious but very fun. This piece made such an impression on the Landscape Architecture department head that he asked if he could re-locate the piece to a property in North Logan. He is using the piece to show how stick sculptures can be integrated with landscapes. He will be documenting it's aging process as well.







































Photo below courtesy of Sean Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment