Monday, August 30, 2010

Conceal

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.” -Oscar Wilde

What a great quote. So, here's a project I did for my Type, Image, and Visual Continuity class. We all had to create masks that represent what we aspire to. The idea behind my mask was to be a Self-Made Man. Why? As cheesy as it sounds, I want to create a legacy of my own. I think my mask represents me because I made this mask from the ground, up. I cut hunks of wood from an old fallen pecan tree in Louisiana, flew it home to Utah, planed it down, and carved it by hand. I was part of every process. The design is meant to have a positive upward movement and harmony.

Here is the magazine spread I created.


















































This bad boy below is my mask ▼








































1 comment:

  1. I was so curious what your mask was going to look like. turned out good! The dramatic layout really unified all the crazy different masks thrown together in there.

    ReplyDelete